Many issues starting the program can be resolved by reinstalling the installation file (IQPro.exe for v6 and above, IQ2000Setup.exe for v5 and below).
Part Category List Not Showing
Windows 7 / Office 2010 Issues - Some Windows 7 / Office 2010 installations no longer support the previous version's Active X control that was used for displaying the tree-view style part category listing. If your category list is not showing, you can enable a simple category list by:
1) Click the lower half of the Setup Options button, then choose "Setup Options - Local PC Only".
2) In Setup Options - Local PC, check the box "Disable Tree-view control". This will turn on the simple category listing.
Error 3157 / Corrupted Database:
Repair Database for Version 6 or Above: If you are running Version 6 or above, try running the Instant Quote Professional Import Data & Compact Utility. If you are not seeing an icon for this utility, it can be installed from the full IQPro.exe file, then choosing to install the utility during the installation process (see checked box in the picture below). This utility has a 'compact and repair' button, with instructions. Note: If you are using the database across a network, copy the database.accdb file to your local c: drive prior to repairing, then move back to its original location after the repair is completed.
Repair Database for IQ Pro Version 5 and Below:
You can repair your database using a special program from Microsoft called JetComp.exe (Version 5 or below only). (Click the link to download) To repair the database, follow these instructions:
1) Download the file JetComp.exe
2) Double-click the JetComp.exe file and a dialogue
will open, asking you to browse to the source / corrupted database.
5) When the compact comes up with no errors, simply rename the last destination file back to the original filename, such as Database.mdb.