Importing Instant Quote Pro v5 Data
Note: Access 2007 is NOT required, as Instant Quote Pro includes the free Access 2007 runtime program.
Instructions for importing Instant Quote Pro v5.6 data
The Instant Quote Pro Import and Compact utility is a separate program you install that will handle the importing of version 5.6 data. During installation process, there will be a checkbox option for installing the import / compact utility (see picture below). Only check this option if you want the utility to be installed (for multi-user's you would only check this option for the administrator, or the person running the import utility).
To Import Your version 5.6 Data: (Check your help, about screen to see if you are on version 5.6.
If you are not using a minimum of version 5.6, you will need to first download and install version 5.6, then run the program one time on your database to upgrade the data to version 5.6).
1) Download the Instant Quote Pro 2007 version 7 installation file. When you run this file, make sure to check the option "Install the Instant Quote Repair / Import Utility Program". If you have previously downloaded this file, disregard it and download again, as you want to ensure you have the lastest program file.
2) 2 shortcuts will be created on your desktop (and in the new Instant Quote Pro 2007 folder). You can import straight from your version 5.6 database, or you can import from a copy of your database. If you do make a copy, I would suggest saving the copy in the same folder as your v 5.6 database.
3) Launch the IQ Pro Import - Compact Utility by double-clicking the desktop icon.
4) The import / compact utility will open. There are currently 2 options in the menu bar. One is for compacting / repairing an existing version 6 database. You can use this weekly to compact wasted space in your database, or repair databases that have been corrupted. Click the 2nd button "Import Instant Quote Pro version 5.6 Data".
5) In the screen that opens, if the system does not find your default version 5.6 database location, browse to your v5.6 data in the Source Database.mdb location area.
6) If you use Instant Billing, check the option "Enable Instant Billing Data Import". Then browse to your Instant Billing BillData.mdb file in the middle / Instant Billing location area.
7) The Instant Quote Pro 2007 Destination database will not exist yet. In this box, browse to the folder where you wish to have the new database saved. For single user's, browse to the folder where you installed the new version. For multi-user's, you can browse to your existing server data location for IQ. In the browse window, you can browse to the correct folder, then just type in a name for the file (since it doesn't exist yet), such as Database.accdb. Note that the file has to end in .accdb (access 2007 file format).
8) There is a clean database option that can be selected that will only import active customers, parts, and selection lists, but no invoices, purchases, serial numbers, etc. If you would like to start with a clean database, you can select this option. If not, leave everything else unchecked, and click the "Begin Database Validation / Import" button.
Your version 5.6 database will be verified for mismatched data, missing or blank data, and you may be prompted to replace the missing items (with a series of easy to use, quick update screens). Don't be too alarmed if you receive messages regarding missing or unmatched data. Our beta-testers have found most of this data to be prior year / non-relevant data.
After the import is complete, your new database will be compacted to decrease the size and re-index all tables. After this, you may begin using the new program with your new access 2007 formatted database.